Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pan

I love the feeling when you are completely surprised by a movie.

I know that I probably should've seen Pan's Labrinth years ago. But I didn't. I thought it was some sci-fi, Lord of the Rings, dungeon's and dragons type movie with really good special effects. Not really my thing. But when a friend told me that it was one of the best movies he'd ever seen I thought I'd give it a shot.

I was blown away. The story, the characters, the sound and effects. Awesome.

I'll probably have to watch it a few more times to REALLY understand what it was about. I know there was so much I was missing as i kept thinking -- I can't believe THIS is what this movie is about.

It was such a great contrast from the Other Boleyn Girl where I knew the story and the movie really disapointed me. With this one, I thought I knew the story, but was pleasantly surprised to find out I was wrong.

No comments: