Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

I just finished reading the book and was really excited to see this movie. I didn't really expect more in terms of the story, but was interested more in the scenery, clothes, and characters. I liked the movie. It wasn't horrible -- just not great.

My biggest disapointments were that many of my favorite parts of the books were left out. The movie felt like a realy high level synopsis of the book. First, the book was narrated by Mary. I loved that. Second and along the same lines while the book seemed to be more about Mary's choices and experience, the movie seemed too focused on Ann.

I read a lot before going to see this about how the movie doesn't accurately depict history. Please. Read history books or watch documentaries if you only want factual information. The book and the movie are designed to entertain.

No comments: