Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunshine Cleaning

One thing I really hate is reading reviews before going to see a movie. I always feel like a dumbass.

People said that this was a rip off of Little Miss Sunshine and I feel stupid because I don't see the connection. I mean other than Alan Arkin, a van, Sunshine in the name and being set in NM, I don't understand. So then, after I read another 4 reviews that make the exact same point I feel really dumb.

They said the story was flat but Amy Adams and Emily Blunt were great. I of course loved the story and the acting and once again feel like I'm missing something.

The reviews said the movie goes no where. I disagree.

I guess the real question is, if I read all these reviews about how lackluster the movie was, then why did I go in the first place?

I love movies. I love the feeling when I'm walking up to buy the ticket. I love the sound of ice in drinks and popcorn crunching in the theater. I love the Regal Arbor. I love my Regal Cinemas card.

And in the end, I DID like this movie. I thought it was good and original and the loved the two sisters. So what if people think it has similarities to Little Miss Sunshine. I liked that movie, too.

No comments: