Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight, Happy Go Lucky, Rachel Gets Married

It was a big movie weekend.

Saw Twilight on Thursday night, Happy Go Lucky on Friday and Rachel Gets Married on Sunday. The movies got progressively better as the weekend went on.

TWILIGHT -- I don't get it, but if the audience was any indication I'm not really the demographic anyways.

HAPPY GO LUCKY -- Got off to a slow start but by the end I was hooked. Some interesting twists and find myself saying "in-rah-ha" everytime I look in my rearview mirror.

RACHEL GETTING MARRIED -- Out of the three, this was the best, Anne Hathaway is great as a recovering addict who comes home for her sisters wedding. The writing is sharp, funny, and sometimes uncomfortable. It was shot using a handheld, so it is rough and unpolished like any self-respecting drug addict movie should be. I cry a lot in movies, and this was no Young At Heart, but there were definitely tears and even sniffles on this one. AND to top it off, Rachel has this super cool, wish-I-was-that-cool, wedding that was really lovely to watch.

No comments: